FDNY resolves situation
By Raanan Geberer
Brooklyn Daily Eagle
A gas leak was called in at 2:10 p.m. to the FDNY for 161 Rodney St. in Williammsburg, a low-rise brick building occupied by a synagogue known as the Beth Medrash Chemedy. About 25 people were evacuated, according to the FDNY. The utility company (KeySpan) was called, and they were able to repair the situation. It was declared "closed" by the FDNY (resolved) at 3:09 p.m.
This reported gas leak came just a day after a gas leak casued a deadly explosion in Harlem that killed at least seven people and injured dozens of others.