Eye on Real Estate: Deals for more than one third of the apartments have closed
By Lore Croghan
Brooklyn Daily Eagle
Who's been buying condos at Pierhouse?
The answer is starting to unfold as more and more apartment purchases close at the newly built residential and hotel complex in Brooklyn Bridge Park.
Deals have been completed for almost one third of the units at Toll Brothers and Starwood Capital Group's development at 90 Furman St.
The project's lodging component, at 60 Furman St., is called 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. The hotel is set to open on Feb. 16.
Pierhouse has stirred controversy due to legal disputes about whether it blocks part of the protected view plane between Brooklyn Heights' Promenade and Brooklyn Bridge.
We gleaned this purchase info by examining city Finance Department records for Pierhouse's 106 residential condo units.
As the numbers indicate, some of the Pierhouse apartments cost as much as landmarked brownstones just up the hill in Brooklyn Heights.
We will update this list periodically as additional Pierhouse condo closings occur.
Some buyers are selling their current homes
* Aaron R. Marcu and Mary Lu Bilek bought a Pierhouse condo for $7,691,198.
The long-time Brooklyn Heights residents have put their house, 70 Cranberry St., up for sale.
Corcoran has the listing. The asking price is $5.95 million for the 1850s-vintage brownstone, a posting on Corcoran.com indicates.
Marcu is a partner at law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
Bilek is the Dean of CUNY School of Law.
* Janet M. Greenfield and Peter L. Bloom bought a Pierhouse condo for $6,978,423.
In August 2016, they sold their Brooklyn Heights home, 292 Hicks St., for $4.1 million, Finance Department records indicate. The brick rowhouse was built in the 1850s.
* David S. Chirls and Roberta L. Fisher bought a Pierhouse condo for $4,483,711.
Their recently built house at 169 Water St. in DUMBO is up for sale. It is part of a complex called the DUMBO Townhouses.
The asking price is $6.35 million, a posting on listing broker Halstead's website indicates.
Last summer, they told the Wall Street Journal they plan to live part of the time in New York City and part of the time in a yet-to-be-determined location.
Before buying the Water Street townhouse, Chirls and Fisher owned Brooklyn Heights house 104 Willow St. They sold 104 Willow St. for $10.625 million in 2014, Finance Department records indicate.
The Federal-style, blue-painted shingle house was built in 1826.
* Henry B. Gutman and Karoly Gutman bought a Pierhouse condo for $3,974,586.
Hank Gutman is the chairman of the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
The Gutmans are retired lawyers.
The Gutmans have put their Federal-style shingle house at 13 Pineapple St. in Brooklyn Heights up for sale, the Wall Street Journal recently reported. The standalone house was built in 1830, possibly earlier.
The asking price is $10.5 million, according to a posting by listing broker Brown Harris Stevens.
The Gutmans plan to live in the Pierhouse condo, the Journal story notes.
* BefBiff LLC with Elizabeth Ann Kivlan as manager bought a Pierhouse condo for $2,981,792.
In the world of real estate, she is known as Elizabeth Ann Stribling-Kivlan. She is the president of residential brokerage Stribling & Associates and the daughter of broker Elizabeth Stribling, who moved to One Brooklyn Bridge Park several years ago. The New York Post was the first to report Stribling-Kivlan's purchase of a Pierhouse condo.
Other buyers and what they paid
* BBP City Views LLC with Gabriel Khezrie as member, $7,426,453
* Susan C. Houser and Keith R. Baptista, $5,043,748
* Carrie Ann Kreifels, $4,903,746
* Pei Ying Xiao and Yan Qiong Liu, $4,483,507
* Torquay Holdings LLC with Victor Tawil as member, $4,469,455
* Laura Lampert Katz and Ira Katz, $4,325,882
* N512 PHBK Management LLC with Jian Jun Li and Chixin Fang as members, $4,229,148
* Sara Taplitz and David Taplitz, $4,127,323
* Susan P. Brandmeyer and Kevin B. Brandmeyer, $4,076,411
* 274 Ocean Ave BBMK LLC with Bryan Breslov and Michael Kutsak as managing members, two units. One cost $4,076,411 and the other cost $3,363,636.
* Nina Tao, $4,025,498
* Jennifer Rector and Pablo Sabria Mayorga, $3,872,761
* Sarah Cole and Timothy Biggins, $3,770,936
* Nicholas Katsaounis, $3,598,989
* Mehmet Kozlu and Bulent Kozlu, $3,567,286
* David Avram and Kristi Avram, $3,541,829
* Jades Pierhouse LLC with Kenneth Wong as managing member, $3,464,320
* John W. Troy, $3,408,439
* Janel Callon, $3,374,938
* Dumbo Flat LLC with Gilles Berdugo as operating manager, $3,128,420
* Alan M. Silver, Charlotte M. Jett and the Alan M. Silver 2012 Family Trust Dated November 28, 2012, $3,090,872
* Quinn Cho Kuen Chan and Tina XQ Shao, $2,849,419
* James Hom and Karen S. Hom, $2,752,686
* Glen Eric Ostrander and Katherine Cranley, $2,701,773
* Omar Kasi and Amanda Owaid Kasi, $2,678,350
* Double J Pier House LLC with Jenny Kwan as manager, $2,650,861
* Pierhouse Capital LLC with Shibu J. Punnoose as managing member and Joyce B. Punnoose as member, $2,602,494
* Richard Hong, $2,599,948
* Vincent J. Vigorita and Patricia J. Vigorita, $2,549,036
* Lourdes Castro Mortillaro and Gerard A. Mortillaro, $2,447,211
* Defne LLC with Kudret Onen as manager, $2,418,191
* Shigenori Nakamura and Ai Zheng, $2,370,842
* Baloo Immo Service LLC with Antoine J. Camin as manager, $2,116,279
* RMR Pierhouse LLC with Natlee Reisen as member, $2,111,188
* Alan C. Leland Jr., Lori Leland and Alan C. Leland III, As Trustee of the 90 Furman Street Unit N514 Trust, $2,090,823
* Stephanie J. Doniger, $1,123,486