Authorities say a 53-year-old upstate New York farmer has died after being stung by a swarm of bees as he worked in his fields.
Fire officials in Johnstown say William Subik, who was allergic to bees, was clearing brush on a tractor Wednesday afternoon when he apparently disturbed a swarm of ground bees.
Subik called for help but couldn't be located quickly because of the large size of his farm. A neighbor looking for his dog found Subik, who later died at a local hospital.
Subik apparently was not carrying his EpiPen, a pre-filled syringe used to treat severe allergic reactions.