Brooklyn Daily Eagle
The nonprofit Empire Mock Trial Association ("EMTA"), in conjunction with NYU Mock trial, is pleased to invite you to our eighth annual Downtown Invitational mock trial tournament on Jan. 25-27 at Kings County Supreme Court. Each year the Downtown brings together 16 of the top collegiate trial advocacy teams. This year's field includes Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia and the defending national champion, Florida State University.
You can help teach talented, motivated college students about the law by volunteering just a few hours of your time. In exchange, we'll provide you with free non-transitional CLE credits in the category of skills.
General information about the event below, and you can register to judge here: http://www.empiremocktrial.org/site/judge.
- Features four preliminary rounds of competition, and you can judge as many or as few as you like—no litigation experience is required
- Please free to invite a friend or colleague to co-judge with you at the tournament. We'll pair you together!
- 16 top trial advocacy teams will compete including Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Virginia, and defending national champion Florida State University
- We'll serve complimentary food and beverages as a token of our appreciation
- Registering takes less than a minute -- just visit our site
Feel free to call (917-426-EMTA) or e-mail us at ([email protected])
January 15, 2014 - 2:53pm
When the Bay Ridge Lawyers Association members make their annual sojourn to Atlantic City to hold their Winter Seminar, they will enjoy timely CLE sessions involving prominent jurists and may even have the opportunity to visit the tables, for which A.C. is famous. …