The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership (DBP) reports in its recent newsletter that at least five new neighborhood retail stores have recently opened or will open this month.
They include the following:
• Planet Fitness, which opens for business at 253 Livingston St.;
• NYC Fresh Market, which is opening in the base of the Toren condominium tower at 150 Myrtle Ave. at Flatbush Avenue Extension;
• Sophie’s Cuban Cuisine, which has started serving at 27 Smith St.;
• The former Kevin Barry’s Bar and Grill has re-opened as the Dining Room at 56 Willoughby St.; and
• Ganso, which will serve up Japanese comfort food at 25 Bond St., corner of Livingston Street. Food writer Harris Salat and Rio Irie, former chef de cuisine at the recently closed Matsuri, will open Ganso the second or third week of September, according to the DBP report, which describes it as a “stylish, casual Japanese restaurant” with its own sophisticated versions of ramen.
Additionally, the Partnership wants Brooklyn residents to know that the Barclays Center is on schedule to open its doors on Friday, Sept. 28.